When browsing the RefBooks MediaXtend Platform and using the online sales services offered on it, personal data about you is collected and processed by us.
The purpose of this Data Protection Policy is to inform you about:
- how we collect and process your personal data;
- the cookies we deposit on your browser.
Your Personal Data
1. Treatment Manager
Your personal data, collected for the execution of your orders placed within the RefBooks MediaXtend Platform, is processed jointly by the company MediaXtend SARL, the company operating the RefBooks MediaXtend Platform, and each Publisher, operating rights of the ordered work.
Your personal data is also processed under the responsibility of MediaXtend SARL for purposes of commercial prospection, navigation analysis, audience measurement, statistical studies and to fight against bank fraud.
2. Why are we processing your data and on what legal basis?
|Management of your orders placed through the RefBooks MediaXtend Platform (payment, technical support, contact with Publishers, etc.)||execution of sales contracts|
|Analysis of your navigation within the platform to improve our services||legitimate interest of MediaXtend SARL|
|Conduct statistical studies on the use of our Platform and our services||legitimate interest of MediaXtend SARL|
|Commercial prospection (sending promotional offers, newsletter)||legitimate interest of MediaXtend SARL|
|Prevent and fight against bank fraud||legitimate interest of MediaXtend SARL|
|Audience measures||collection of consent|
3. What personal data we process about you?
We collect and treat in particular:
- the personal data that you have entered in our Platform when creating your account (email, name, first name, address, password, etc.);
- information about the orders you place within the Platform (product purchased, transaction number, delivery address, etc.);
- information relating to your means of payment (credit card number, date of expiry of the credit card, visual cryptogram) via a secure payment provider, who has only access to this data;
- the information you transmit to us when you contact Technical Support or the Publisher through the RefBooks MediaXtend Platform (content of the exchanges, nature of the complaint, etc.);
- your login and browsing data within the RefBooks MediaXtend Platform (IP address, products and pages you have viewed or searched for);
- data relating to the consultation of emails that we send you for statistical purposes and commercial prospection.
4. How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data in our database only the time necessary to achieve the purposes pursued and then archive them with restricted access for an additional period of time in order to fulfill our legal and / or regulatory requirements for archiving as well as for the duration prescription periods in force. At the end of this additional period, your data is permanently deleted from our databases.
5. To whom are your data transmitted?
5.1 To our service providers
Your data is accessible to the service providers we use to outsource all or part of the processing we do with your data (hosting of the Platform and data, maintenance, sending order confirmation emails, emailing, secure payment , etc.).
The subcontractors we use have the guarantees required by the regulations applicable to the protection of personal data. They only have access to the data needed to perform their services and are not allowed to process your data for other purposes. We have also signed agreements with each of them to ensure the security and integrity of your data and their processing in compliance with applicable regulations.
5.2 To the Publishers of the Platform
Data to compile sales statistics are sent to Publishers holding the rights to the ordered work of the RefBooks MediaXtend Platform.
5.3 To the authorities
Your personal data may be disclosed to the authorities pursuant to a law, regulation or by a decision of a competent regulatory or judicial authority.
In general, we undertake to comply with all legal rules that may prevent, limit or regulate the dissemination of information or data and in particular to comply with applicable data protection regulations.
5.4 In case of acquisition, merger, transfer of activity
In the event that the company MediaXtend SARL or a part of its activities would be the subject of an acquisition by a third company or a merger, we will inform you in advance of the transfer of your data and the possibility of you there oppose.
6. What are your rights to your data and how to exercise them?
6.1 What are your rights?
You have the right to obtain our services:
- confirmation that personal data about you are or are not being processed, and if so, to have access to them;
- the correction of your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- under certain conditions, the erasure of your personal data;
- under certain conditions, the limitation of the processing of your personal data;
- the portability of your personal data;
- to organize the fate of your personal data in case of death (preservation, erasure, or communication to a designated person).
You also have the right to oppose, under certain conditions, the processing of your personal data.
For more information on the rights you have with regard to your data, we invite you to consult the CNIL website .
You may also, at any time, object to the processing of your data for the purpose of commercial prospecting and withdraw your consent to the processing of your data implemented by our services for the purposes of behavioral advertising, navigation analysis, and audience measurements.
We also remind you that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the CNIL if you consider that your rights have not been respected.
6.2 How to exercise your rights?
For any request for access, opposition, rectification, portability, limitation, fate of your data in case of death: Please send an email to the following address email@example.com in:
- specifying the purpose of your request;
- indicating your surname, first name;
- attaching the double-sided photocopy of your identity card or passport, to allow us to verify your identity.
Our services will come back to you as soon as possible and at the latest within one month from the reception of your request.
To oppose the processing of your data for commercial prospecting purposes:
You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the unsubscribe link in our promotional emails and in our newsletter.
Our services undertake to unsubscribe as soon as possible from our mailing list.
To withdraw your consent to the processing of your data implemented by our services for behavioral advertising purposes, navigation analysis, and audience measurement:
You can send us an email at email@example.com or set your cookies.
7. Are your data transferred outside the European Union?
Some processing operations that we entrust to our subcontractors are carried out outside the European Union. Agreements have been signed with each of these providers to ensure that transfers of your data are made safely and in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations in force.
8. Contact the Data Protection Officer
For any question about the processing of your personal data or to exercise your rights over your data, the Data Protection Officer (DPO), designated by MediaXtend SARL, can be contacted:
- by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by mail to the following address:
élégué à la Protection des Données
38, rue Dunois
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small alphanumeric file which is deposited in the terminal of the computer, smartphone, tablet, mobile, etc., of the User, when connecting to the Platform.
2. Which cookies does one use on the Platform?
- to improve your navigation within the Platform and thus allow you to use its various features, such as, in particular, to enable you to log in and log in to your user account;
- to establish statistics and volumes of attendance and use of the various elements of the Platform (headings and contents visited, route, date and time of consultation ...), to improve the interest and the ergonomics of the Platform;
- to recognize your browser as a former registered visitor, to remember all the preferences that may be sent when using the Platform by your browser and in particular to remember your shopping cart;
- to measure the audience of our Platform;
- your access to reserved and personal areas of our Platform, such as your account, using identifiers or data that you may have previously entrusted to us;
- to implement security measures.
As such, and for cookies that are not exclusively intended to allow or facilitate navigation or are not strictly necessary for the management of your orders or the provision of services, an information banner is displayed. when you connect to the Platform to inform you prior to the deposit of these cookies, (1) their presence and (2) to allow you, if necessary, to object to their deposit on your terminal.
The deposit of cookies made in connection with the use of the Platform does not identify you personally but it records information about the navigation of your terminal within the Platform that we can read during your subsequent visits within of the Platform.
The information collected is for our exclusive use and that of our partners, and is in no way transferred to third parties.
3. How to disable cookies?
Several options are available to manage cookies.
In this case, we can not be held responsible for any malfunctions.
You can make the choice at any time to express and modify your wishes in terms of cookies, by the means described below.
The choices offered to you by your browser software for the setting of cookies:
You can configure your browser software so that cookies are saved in your device or, conversely, they are rejected, either systematically or according to their issuer.
You can also configure your browser so that the acceptance or rejection of cookies is offered to you punctually, before a cookie is likely to be registered in your device.
For the management of cookies and your choices, visit this page to modify the configuration of your browser.
For the setting of audience measurement cookies:
Google Analytics is a solution that aggregates traffic and usage data to improve the user experience. The statistics produced are anonymous.
These cookies allow us to know:
- your timestamp
- your location (geolocation based on your IP address to the nearest city)
- the landing page URL and the URL of the website from which you arrived;
- your pseudonymized IP address;
- the name, version, language and size of your browser and operating system window as transmitted by your browser.
The cookies used by Google Analytics are:
|_ga||This site uses a Google Analytics third-party cookie to distinguish users when collecting information on the pages visited. This cookie helps us to identify areas for improvement on our website, and the _ga cookie does not allow MediaXtend to identify the user personally or to obtain any information or personal data about them.||2 years|
|_gat||This Google Analytics third-party cookie is used by Google Analytics to monitor the rate of requests to its servers.||10 min|
|_gid||The first part analytics.js: used to distinguish users.||24 hours|
If you do not want us to store audience measurement cookies in your device, you can install the add-on that Google offers .
We also automatically collect the following information:
- IP addresses,
- the browser you use,
- your Internet Service Provider (ISP),
- reference or the pages you have viewed within our Platform (such as HTML pages, images, etc.),
- your operating system,
- the date and time of your access or aggregated aggregated click data that we need to analyze trends and optimize our services.